Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PowerShift 2011

I wasn't able to make it down to DC for PowerShift 2011 - but have had a great time following the action via livestreams and various twitter accounts.  Here's a quick sampling of some of the great videos and photos coming out of this movement:

Recap:




Taking it to the Streets:





Press Coverage: 

Coverage in the Washington Post, LA Times, New York Times, HuffingtonPost, CNN, Politico,The Nation.


Bill McKibben's Speech:




Al Gore's Speech: 




Van Jones's Speech:




Shutting Down BP Station: 



Stay going.



1 comment:

eccemarco said...

Hi George,
I loved the video by Bill McKibben and I watched live also most of the speech by Lisa Jackson. Powerful.
I hope we will have 'enough leaders in time' (which comes timely as a quote, given that the magnitude of the challenge sometimes makes me feel VERY worried).
All the best,
Marco